Friday, February 23, 2007

Fast Food Nation


I was so looking forward to a free lecture at F&M College on Monday, March 19th by Eric Schlosser, author of FAST FOOD NATION. I just found out that the free tickets are 'sold out'. BUMMER....but back to Eric, whose work has appeared in all my favorite magazines, which I do have subscriptions too: Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, The Nation and The New Yorker. Wikipedia reports that he rarely makes appearances in public. I read FFN when it was first released in Hardcover and I was blown away. I really like Eric's style of investigative writing with an emphasis on history. I was, of course, delighted to find out that one my favorite directors, Richard Linklater, made FFN into a film. The DVD is set to b released March 6, 2007.

The film is an ensemble piece examining the health risks involved in the Fast Food Industry and its environmental and social consequences.


The truth is hard to swallow.


I hope I am able to get tickets!!!

No comments: