Friday, March 30, 2007

I love a Parade


I recently received a notice that the Annville (PA) Memorial Day parade is scheduled for May 26, 2007 @ 9am. This year the parade committee has made a decision to honor all women veterans. There will be a float and a special section of bleachers where all women veterans are invited to sit. Each woman will receive a t-shirt and will be invited to a luncheon after the parade. I received this invitation because I am a female veteran and I love a parade, so I am definitely going. But what to wear? Maybe a cool shirt from http://www.demockratees.com/ or http://www.sldn.org/templates/index.html. The SLDN stands for Servicemembers Legal Defense Network and it is a national, non-profit legal services, watchdog and policy organization dedicated to ending discrimination against and harassment of military personnel affected by "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and related forms of intolerance. Required reading: March 18, 2007 - By Sara Corbett (NYT) - New York Times Magazine - Sunday News - a 12089 words article on The Women's War concerning Women in the military and the Iraqi Occupation/War.

No comments: