Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Where in the world is Quincy?


I along with my good friend Gerry, went to the Barnstormers doubleheader tonight. The Barnstormers played the York Revolution. During the first game Gerry and I said; " Where's Quincy?" By the start of the second game we were worried. Due to the early start of the game and our work schedules we were not able to check the web too much before the game.....So we made our way to the Belco Fan Center to find out..."Where's Quincy?" We were told the news: Outfielder Quincy Foster has left the Lancaster Barnstormers to play for Yucatan in the Mexican League.
Foster, a fan favorite who has been with the Barnstormers at the beginning of each of their three seasons, was hitting .283 (49-for-173) with six doubles, two triples and two homers and 15 RBIs.
Foster said he was going because of money.
"I'm not hurting for money," he said before Wednesday night's doubleheader with York at Clipper Magazine Stadium. "(But) I can't turn down the money they're paying me to go there and play.
"There's a point and time I've got to look out for Quincy, and I'm looking out for Quincy. I love my teammates, I respect my teammates a lot, but this is a decision I'm making on my own."
Foster said he is not leaving because the team was losing or because of his relationship with manager Frank Klebe.
"There were some times when we didn't see eye to eye," Foster said of Klebe. "I went in his office, and we talked about it like men. And we resolved the situation."
Foster said it was strictly money.
"It's just a financial situation," he said. "I'm not going to turn down the money they're paying me just to stay here.
"I'm making four times as much money going down there to play."
The Atlantic League maximum salary for a player is $3,000 a month. None of the Barnstormers makes that much. Foster was paid between $2,000 and $2,500 in Lancaster. He said he will make $8,000 a month in Mexico.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.