Friday, September 28, 2007

Labbit


If you go to my myspace page you will find my photo as a Smorkin' Labbit.



What is that exactly? Well, Labbits are designed by Frank Kozik and sold through Kid Robot...Founded by designer Paul Budnitz in 2002, Kidrobot is the world’s premier creator and retailer of limited edition art toys and apparel. The products sold at Kidrobot merge urban street trends and pop art to produce limited edition, collectible toys and apparel. Many Kidrobot products feature unique collaborations with famous artists from backgrounds of graffiti, fine art, industrial design, graphic design, illustration and music. I think they are cute. I am not a big collector but I love this downtown shop =Metropolis : http://www.myspace.com/metropolis_gallery

and they carry a lot of KidRobot stuff. They had a release party for a new seris last night. I got there late and they were old sold out, so I bought 2 boxes of my favorite series: the Kozik's Smorkin' Labbits. I waited till I got home to open them to see what I got. Just like a little kid, with a grab-bag from a carnival. In my first box I got a mustard color one and in my next box I got a big surprise. I got a very rare one, it is called Redrum because the Labbits have red color blood spots. I paid $5 for it and it is being sold for $50 on ebay. I do not think I will sell it.

No comments: