Friday, August 7, 2009

Frank's Place Lancaster PA


Frank's place has opened @454 New Holland Ave. Lancaster, PA 17602-2289
(717) 390-2626.
Frank's new shop is on New Holland Ave next to the Science Factory. Parking is next to the shop with a few spaces or in Quips Pub/Science factory parking lot. Please DO NOT park on N. Plum street. The residents on N. Plum St. have enough problems with parking already.
I thought the food was priced reasonable but 2 other people I spoke with thought it was slightly overpriced for what they served and the area it is in. My lunch prices are a little off kilter since I work in King of Prussia, PA =$$. I have gotten take out from Frank's Place and it was just OK. I will go back since it is so close but I do hope they get more organized. The few people I have spoken too that have ordered and eaten there have said the same thing. I never ate @ Frank's other location on Lime st. years ago so I can't compare. I just hope the staff gets its act together soon. It does seem to be doing a good business. Staff training is needed, I recommend learning the menu when taking take out orders, ( you need to be able to answer customers questions so they later are not overcharged) answering the phone more professionally and respecting the customer, better teamwork all around is clearly needed.
I know that's a little rough and I am not expecting a Thomas Keller staffed and trained restaurant but it is a true critque. I do want to spend my $$$ there.

No comments: