Wednesday, October 31, 2007

David Rees Rocks

I got this e-mail from David Rees last week and I know I am posting this late...we have missed the lecture but it is too priceless to delete and not read....but it is not too late for the affordable art, if you happen to be in NYC this weekend>>>
From David's email...
I am coming out of retirement for two live performances in celebration of two of my favorite things: AFFORDABLE ART and ISLAMOFASCISM.

1. ISLAMOFASCISM Soft-spoken conservative intellectual David Horowitz has designated October 22-26 as "Islamofascism Awareness Week." (http://www.terrorismawareness.org/)

In case you didn't know, we are fighting World War IV with Islamofascists-- but "the academic left has mobilized to create sympathy for the enemy and to fight anyone who rallies Americans to defend themselves." Horowitz has enlisted voices of moderation like Ann Coulter, Daniel Pipes, and Rick Santorum(?!?) "to oppose these lies and to rally American students to defend their country." I want a piece of that!

So I'm giving a FREE lecture on Islamofascism: DAVID REES LECTURE ON ISLAMOFASCISM:"The More You Know"Friday, October 26Word Bookstore, Brooklyn 126 Franklin St (Greenpoint) http://wordbrooklyn.com/7:30 PM FREE If ever a lecture on the nihilistic evil of Islamofascism could be described as "TOTALLY OFF THE HOOK," this is it! (Afterwards I will be signing copies of Maureen Dowd's "Are Men Necessary?" and Nora Ephron's "I Feel Bad About My Neck")

2. AFFORDABLE ART Brooklyn’s pirate printmakers and cheap-art champions CANNONBALL PRESS will host their second PRINTS GONE WILD art fair next weekend. Artists and printmakers from around the country will convene in a cavernous Williamsburg warehouse to display and sell their prints for LESS THAN FIFTY DOLLARS A POP. It has fallen on me to emcee the opening night's festivities-- which will include rock bands; a raffle; a live interview (any famous celebrities reading this, please contact me so I can interview you); and maybe CRAZY TIMES. I will also be serving as DJ for the event, playing some of my finest thrift-store records! As I always say, "Why pay 99 cents to download one song from the computer when you can buy an entire LP for 50 cents at the Salvation Army?" (Basically, I hope you like “Abandoned Luncheonette” by Hall & Oates, because I will be spinning that sonofabitch for about three hours straight!!!) PRINTS GONE WILD PARTYFriday, November 3Supreme Trading Gallery, Brooklyn213 North 8th St (Williambsurg)http://tinyurl.com/3yq69s 6:00 PM - MidnightFREE
Thanks for your interest,David Reeshttp://www.mnftiu.cc/

No comments: