Monday, October 8, 2007

Mitt is a Twitt

Romney turns back on MS patient who asks about medical marijuana (Headlines from Rawstory.com)

At a campaign stop in Dover, NH, Mitt Romney was asked about medical marijuana by Clayton Holton, who has muscular dystrophy. "I have the support of five of my doctors saying I am living proof that medical marijuana works," Holton told Romney.
Romney suggested he use synthetic marijuana instead, but Holton said, "I have tried it and it makes me throw up."
He then asked, "Will you arrest me and my doctors if I get medical marijuana?"
"I'm not in favor of medical marijuana being legal," Romney told Holton curtly, then deliberately turned his back on him to say "Hi, how are you" to other members of the audience.

Notice the headline states MS but the article states that the man has Muscular Dystrophy, two very different diseases. Yet, medical marijuana has been studied and some patients of both diseases (along with many other diseases) have found positive relief from using medical marijuana. As someone who has MS, I believe I along with guidance my Doctors should have every possible remedy available to me, to ease pain and suffering. The article did not even mention that Mitt Romney's wife has MS. Another possible cure for MS and many other diseases is Stem Cell Research, Mitt Romney doesn't support that either.

No comments: